You will find many online statements that claim that VGA cables and technology are ‘outdated.’ But we beg to differ. We believe that in today’s fast-paced digital world, VGA (Video Graphics Array) has evolved to bring you more than just connectivity to the screen. It is versatile, and with so many adapters available in the market, it is definitely a great choice, whether you’re looking for workspace productivity or streaming your favorite show on your PC. Let’s take a look at the different uses and benefits of the VGA ports and cables below:
1. It’s All About Nostalgia
Your Old TV Screens, Gaming Consoles, and even old PCs and laptops use VGA Ports and cables. They are able to support your connectivity. And if you have a soft spot for nostalgia, then you will definitely want to have VGA cables.
You can easily connect your retro gaming consoles or arcade machines to the screens. Moreover, to get that ‘authentic’ TV-watching experience, you could stream your content on an old screen. After all, we all have some old shows that we would rather watch on TV (like FRIENDS).
2. Lossless Screen Casting For You
There’s no doubt that modern and wireless screen casting is quite convenient. All you need is a Wi-Fi connection, and you’re good to go. But what if you don’t have a WiFi connection? Or better yet, what if you have a projector that needs to be connected to the screen? We all know that screen casting, even with wifi, is delayed and has higher latency.
In such cases, VGA cables are more useful. And don’t worry, the standard HD requirement nowadays is Full HD, which we can use almost anywhere. That is 1080P, and your VGA port and cables can easily support that. If you check out RS Group’s website, you can even find the ones supporting up to 2K resolutions.
3. Let’s Take A Look At Workspace
Now, this point is the Ace up our sleeves. Workplace proficiency is the key quality we are all trying to achieve, and VGA ports and cables play a significant role in it. How’s that? Here are a few quick pointers for you:
- You can easily set up dual or multiple monitors by using the VGA cables. It enables you to connect multiple devices and improve multitasking without putting a load on your graphics components.
- VGA cables and ports can be securely installed and fastened with the thumb screws that come built-in on them. The cables are thick and resistant to corrosion and many other elements. Thus, they are long-lasting. In the long term, this equals cost-efficiency.
- VGAs are still crucial as backup options. Having a few of these stored in conference rooms and other areas can save a significant amount of time, especially when you can’t find HDMI, DP, and other options.
There will always be new developments, but VGA cables and ports, especially the latest options, offer remarkable compatibility and performance. That’s what makes them worth the consideration.